Savitz Builder Application

Discussion in 'Pending Applications' started by Savitz, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Savitz

Savitz Nobuild

Sweden

I guess it has to be about 3-4 years ago. I watched a youtuber called BDoubleO100 where he mentioned your server. I think he even featured your server in his videos at one point. After that I found your youtube channel and after a long time I am now looking to join the building team.

Fantasy Books: The Eragon Series. Movies: The LOTR Trilogy.

All of the above

Tywin Lannister, (I have only watched the show, I will pick up the first book as soon as I get the money for it) he is cunning, sly, and does all in his way to protect his legacy and his family name. He played the game of thrones the best in my opinion, and my first hateful feelings towards him made it even more obvious to me in hindsight that he was not evil, he was just doing what was best. Honorable mention to Eddard Stark because I loved his nobility, and that he was a just man.

I'm an absolute workhorse. If I have the time I can sit hours working on something. I would call myself a creative and driven person. If I am motivated to do something it will be done.

I love building in minecraft, and this is by far the best server for that. I also am annoyed seeing all the unfinished projects, and I want to do what I can to finish it.

YOU KNOW NOTHING, JON SNOW

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2018
    an_escaped_duck likes this.
  2. Arkilstorm

Arkilstorm Dowager Countess of Grantham Maester

Hey Savitz,

Welcome to Westeroscraft and thanks for submitting an application. I've taken a look at your build and have a little feedback:

- Roof is a little messy, with perhaps too much supporting wood showing through, but overall the exterior is pretty nice.

- For a house this small, the hearth is a little large, and probably wouldn’t have a stone mantlepiece.

- From the exterior the house is very small and rural, but contains relatively costly furniture such as benches with drawers and a carved table. Perhaps consider using crates, barrels, or some less ostentatious pieces of furniture in such a house.

- You don’t have any windows in the house at all? Definitely worth considering adding these.

- What is the log with the tripwire meant to be?

Overall this is a lovely little house and could only do with some minor tweaks.

For your first challenge build please build a house in Singleplayer and share screenshots of it in this thread. This should be a low/middle class house in in the style of /warp woodwright.

These houses are the ones with jungle wood roofing, and weatherboarding on the upper floors. Good luck!

3. Savitz

Savitz Nobuild

Hello Sir Moderator,

Thanks for the feedback on my initial house, here's another one and I hope I understood what house you wanted me to make:

Also, the first house had one tiny window, hard to see if you don't know what you're looking for. Secondly, the log + tripwire combo is meant to be a keg. Used to vanilla building where it is much more common to do it like that.

Margaery_Tyrell likes this.
  4. Savitz

Savitz Nobuild

I just realized that I forgot the wooden halfdoors supporting the roof on the front of the house, but oh well.

Should also note that those crates used in the roof did not get that "x" pattern that it should have, and I don't know why.

(And PS, my IGN is Kaksmularen, but I go by Savitz everywhere now)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  5. Savitz

Savitz Nobuild

Hey it's been about a week at this point. Is everything alright?

6. Arkilstorm

Hi Savitz,

It’s only been four days, I’ve been away for a couple of days, but I took a look at your build. Please have some patience, it’s quite a busy time at the moment.

Here’s the feedback on your build:

- The overhang does need oak half doors on the inside to support the roof timbers.

- The palette is a little messy and could do with some work. Take a look at the examples at Woodwright, and you’ll see that the cobblestone block shouldn’t really touch the light reach brick; the contrast is a little too stark.

- The lintels above the windows and doors are the wrong colored stone.

- The crate you’ve put in as detail at the apex of the roof should be a cross and not a single diagonal detail. This can be achieved by using any of the open crates as they always have a cross on the sides.

- Make sure that the bench blocks by the door and window only has one side visible. This can be achieved by using the half doors or another block.

- Solid ladders should always reach the floor, otherwise they seem strange being suspended.

- please don’t use shutters for chair detailing, these can be opened by people and we have other blocks which are far more effective.

Altogether this house is pretty good, requiring only a handful of changes.

For your next challenge, please build a middle class weaver’s house, in the style of /warp whiteharbor

Good luck!

7. Savitz

Savitz Nobuild

Oh damn, I looked at when my first post was made, my bad. To be honest I am also bussy at the moment, so this will take some time.

8. Savitz

Savitz Nobuild

Here's my best try at a Whiteharbor house! I decided to not detail the left side and the back of the house too much since in my mind there would be other houses stacked up against it.

9. Savitz

Savitz Nobuild

Just wanna say that I'll be going away for a couple of days so I won't be able to build anything untill next week.

10. Arkilstorm

Hey Savitz, sorry for the delay getting back to your application. I've noticed the link to your images seems to be broken. Do you mind re-linking it so I can check them out? Thanks

11. Savitz

Savitz Nobuild

Strange, it's working for me. Either way, hope this works.

12. Arkilstorm

Hey Savitz, I've taken a look at your house and have a little feedback:

- The Palette isn’t in keeping with the style guide. Make sure that white brick isn’t bordering the plaster. The palette should show natural weathering, through a transition from plaster, cobble, to brick. Take a closer look at some of the completed buildings for good examples.

- The interior looks a little cluttered, especially around the fire. Make sure the interior makes sense. I also can’t tell if the room with the table with the bread on is on the ground floor. If so, this floor should have a stone/gravel/dirt mix, and not wood.

- Consider using wooden lintels and wooden carpet block window sills for the windows, as they just look like holes in the wall at the moment.

- Make sure the thatch on the floor isn’t too patchy. It looks a little random.

- On the exterior, consider using wooden supports for the slate overhang, rather than slate. It’s a nice detail that really adds to the building.

Altogether not a bad building.. Just a few details to tidy up!

For your third challenge, please build a middle class greengrocer in the style of /warp fairmarket. This house should have a wooden shopfront and a small stall.

Good luck!

13. Savitz

Savitz Nobuild

Thanks for the feedback Ark!

Just wanna say that my router has stopped working, so I won't be able to build until it's working again.