Manually building the Westeroscraft Custom Client
This procedure is intended to allow folks that, for whatever reason, would prefer to use the standard Minecraft launcher to run the Westeroscraft Custom Client. If you use this procedure, subscribe to this thread - I will attempt to keep the procedure current as we continue to update the client, but there may be some delay at times. Do understand that the Westeroscraft Launcher is the 'supported' mechanism for accessing our server - don't expect much support for the manual process, beyond what you see in this forum: its not a matter of wanting to be difficult, but supporting the manual process defeats the point of having produced the launcher, and will ultimately results in even more work for myself and the few others that can support these methods.
So, without further disclaimers, here is the process:
- Download the installer for MinecraftForge v1.11.2 #2393 from http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.11.2-126.96.36.1993/forge-1.11.2-188.8.131.523-installer.jar
- Make sure you've run vanilla v1.11.2 on your Mojang launcher at least once, so that the necessary files for v1.11.2 have been downloaded
- Run the MinecraftForge installer JAR file. Select "Install Client" and click OK. Restart the launcher after this is done.
- Create a new profile (if needed) for our client, named "WesterosCraft v1.11.2", set the 'Version' to 'release 1.11.2-forge1.11.2-184.108.40.2063'.
- Click the "Game Directory" checkbox, and change the directory to a directory of your choosing (this will keep the mods from our client from interfering with other mods you might have installed). Remember this directory - for the sake of this example, we'll refer to this directory as <client-dir> in the future (as all other steps will be adding files in and under this directory). You should create this directory, if needed.
- Click "Save".
- Click "News", select the profile from the list, and click "Play" to launch the client: this should download other needed files, and create needed directories. If things start properly, you should see "Powered by Forge 220.127.116.113" in the lower left corner of the main window. Close the client.
- Open the folder for the <client-dir>. Download each of the following files, and place them in the 'mods' subdirectory under the <client-dir>:
- OptiFine 1.11.2 HD U C3 - http://optifine.net/adloadx?f=OptiFine_1.11.2_HD_U_C3.jar
- WesterosBlocks v3.1.0-alpha-2 - http://mc.westeroscraft.com/WesterosCraftLauncher/prod-1.11.2/mods/WesterosBlocks.jar
- JourneyMap - https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/journeymap/2435310(optional)
- BetterFoliage v2.1.7 - https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/better-foliage/files/2448593
- JustEnoughItems mod (1.11.2-18.104.22.1680) : https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/just-enough-items-jei/files/2440558(optional)
- WorldEditCUI Forge Edition 2 - https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/worldeditcui-forge-edition-2/files/2402034(optional - only needed by Editors or higher)
- Waila mod (1.7.1_1.11.2) - https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/waila/files/2417924 (optional)
- DynamicSurrounds mod (v22.214.171.124) - https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/dynamic-surroundings/files/2451210(optional)
- Download and install the WesterosCraft Resource Pack into the 'resourcepacks' directory under <client-dir>: http://mc.westeroscraft.com/WesterosCraftLauncher/prod-1.11.2/resourcepacks/WesterosCraft.zip.
- Download the BetterFoliage config file from http://mc.westeroscraft.com/WesterosCraftLauncher/prod-1.11.2/config/betterfoliage.cfgand place it in the <client-dir>/config directory. (optional).
- Create a directory named 'dsurround' under the 'config' directory, and Downloads both http://mc.westeroscraft.com/WesterosCraftLauncher/prod-1.11.2/config/dsurround/westeros.json and http://mc.westeroscraft.com/WesterosCraftLauncher/prod-1.11.2/config/dsurround/dsurround.cfg into this directory (optional)
- Start client again from launcher. Click 'Options'. Click 'Resource Packs'. Select 'WesterosCraft' resource pack.
- Click "Multiplayer". Click "Add Server". Enter "Westeroscraft" for name, and "mc.westeroscraft.com" for the address. Click 'Done".
- Launch the server selection, and log in to the production server!!
Always remove the older version of the given file - there should never be two versions of the same mod in the <client-dir>/mods directory, for example.
Repeat ALL steps, unless you know that the changed files don't affect other steps. If any of the files in step 1 change, repeat ALL of steps 2-7, updating the existing 'WesterosCraft v1.11.2' profile. Each step in 8-11 only needs to be repeated if the given files change, and each requires that the older file be removed.
And there you go! Good luck with these instructions, and be sure to look back here if (and when) you cannot log in to the server due to a change in a mod version or client version.
NOTICE: As of v1.11.2, we require Java 8 and we STRONGLY recommend running with at least 2GB of memory configured (which implies a requirement for a 64-bit Java). Confirm these by looking at the 'Java Executable' and 'JVM Options' settings on your profile in the launcher.