House Keath by NoMoreFun_

Discussion in 'The Riverlands' started by Nomorefun_, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Nomorefun_

Nomorefun_ Builder

Hey, This is my first project house Keath
    Hope I don't forget about anythink and I'm open on feedback.

2. Nomorefun_

Nomorefun_ Builder

I do model for the village\small town

3. Enah

Enah Mother Nature and Lord in Bandallon Maester

hey fun, so, been going over your plans for the lands here. i would have more farmland focused along the river, with possibly a couple fortified farms that can serve as hf's if needed. would also like to see a small village/large hamlet on that northern part fo the river close to the twins. now, for some of the rural style, i'd go for a large barn/house combo. the germans have a house style like this, where the barn, storage and house are all under one roof. a town this far north and this close to the twins would probably be fairly poor and i hope t not have many luxuries in the houses. i very much like your lowmid and low class houses, the fence/gate detailing is nice and seems appropriate for the region. the castle is really charming, it's defensive, has a good proportion to it and carries itself well, though i would not have glass in the castle, nor in any building except maybe the sept. so, i might come up with some more critiques or suggestions, but atm i'm digging it.

4. Nomorefun_

Nomorefun_ Builder

My new map for the lands
    I try to include everything that Enah was talking about.

Black - roads
    Red - castle, watchtower, holdfast
    Blue - rivers and streams
    Yellow - settlements
    Green - forest, wood, tress
    Dark grey - pasture
    Cyan - fields
    Dark red - border
    Purple - single farms
    Dark grey star - ruins

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  5. Enah

alright, everything looks good to me, the styles are consistant with that area of the riverlands, it's decently populated, poverty level is on "fleek" as the kids say. so, i approve with the condition that i may change anything at anypoint for the good of the project and the leader's fame and infamy

Nomorefun_ and Elduwin like this.
  6. Wazgamer

Wazgamer Lord Paramount of The Riverlands Maester

Okay hio Fun! The houses and lands seem good, however I have a few quarrels with the castle itself.

Click here first!

1. Okay so you've used a solid section of simply stone blocks, I'm not sure if this was intentional but I feel that this is too contrasting with the other blocks in terms of texture.

2. I'm not entirely sure about the outer wall, I know this is from your inspiration but It seems kinda cramped how you carried it out, also I don't think the buttresses along the wall are needed. (Open to your opinions on this one)

3. You've used stone bricks on the palette, however you've used it so sparsely that it just clutters the original pallete further, take a look at the imgur pics to see how to do it better.

<3

Enah likes this.
  7. Wazgamer

I also have some notes on the roofs, but I think it’d be best if I gave you examples in game.

Just notify me once you’ve adressed the above response and I can show you some good roof techniques.

:)

8. Wazgamer

Approved!

Nomorefun_ likes this.
  9. Nomorefun_

Nomorefun_ Builder

So, now i start work on terrain.

Wazgamer likes this.
  10. Nomorefun_

Nomorefun_ Builder

Warp keath is open for building.

Elduwin and Wazgamer like this.
  11. Wazgamer

@Nomorefun_ Seems to be going well! Will need to build you a house :D

12. Nomorefun_

Nomorefun_ Builder

I know this be very long time since when i start working on my project. And now i think this is time to overview what I did.
    So this is map with regions of Keath land: [​IMG]
    1. Done in ~75%, to do finish all WIP house, finish castle, finish roads and main square, do some little work in forest.
    2. Done in ~30%, only i have planed main farm and some fields, do 60% of forest, have location for 3 windmills and for brewery and roads, riverbank of Green Fork.
    3. Done in ~60%, i have to do a lumber camp, finish forest along road to Charlton and do some work along stream on the outer side of forest.
    4. Done in ~10%, this part is mostly new and i will soon open the village to build, i have to do many works with my holdfast and the hamlet upon, I have planed all fields and pasture so this will be quick.
    5. Done in ~35%, this is mostly forest part of my land with 1 small hamlet and 1 cabin of hunter. I have to add more trees and open the hamlet to build.
    6. Done in ~40%, I did the ruins of castle and land nearby my main river also i have left some work with my river village,
    to do i have plan all fields and my farmlands and riverbank of Green Fork.
    8. Done in ~30%, i had planed half of fields and big farm. Mostly to do rest of fields, planed small farm, riverbank of Green Fork.
    7. This is a nice river island and i think about add on it a monastery, some thing like quite island of course smaller and less important, but that serves like medieval hospital, holy place and centre of science in region.
    They are my idea for this: [​IMG]
    I plane a water mill on the island but here I have a question whether in this place mill can be ?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 5:37 AM
  13. I think mills were mostly used for making flour, so maybe have it on the other side of the river, nearer to the fields?

14. Enah

The mill location on the island is impractical due to the actual scale of the world were recreating. There’s no bridges canonically to the isle so they’d have to ferry across what could maybe a mile wide river.

EStoop and Wazgamer like this.
  15. Nomorefun_

Nomorefun_ Builder

OK, thanks for feedback, so i will do only small platform for boats. I also think about do small herbs garden and graveyard on the island.

16. EStoop

EStoop Faux maester Builder

If you're going to put something on the island, I advice to have it follow the island's form and cover it entirely. Placing a square-ish building on the island like that looks odd and out of place. Keep in mind that an island in a river would at least partly flood when the water level rises, and settlers on the island would take precautions to stay dry.