Download the Custom Launcher
WesterosCraft uses a custom launcher for its server. This launcher
allows for the best user experience. See our guide page for instructions.
See what everyone is talking about!
Dear Visitor, dear WesterosCraft community,
We are experiencing a dire lack of Coders/ Developers! We need experienced, team-oriented individuals to help both with our ambitious goals in transforming this map into an exciting open-world MMO experience and with finding solutions to everyday routine tasks, such as terraforming, project management and user-base maintenance.
If this piques your interest or you have a friend who might fit this description, please consider checking out these links!
Dev of the new launcher in Java/ JavaFX.
Unreal Engine Client in C++.
Mixed to-do-list, common request for the extension of WE, VoxelSniper, etc.
As you may have noticed already, we have reorganised the forum a little. This happened for two reasons:
- We wanted to make the years of content and discussions easily accessible to newcomers
- We wanted to clearly organise the content by theme and not by how it organically grew and clustered over time.
In brief, the forum was and still is (to a certain extend) a bit of a chaotic mess.
Let me explain the changes:
The forum's superstructure now consists of the following categories:
- This includes any announcements or discussions related to all the aspects of the server that aren't directly related to building or pre-building preparations on our server.
- News: Contains announcements with global importance which affect every member of the community.
- Music & Sound: Contains discussions/ plans for our music and ambient/ game sound production.
- PR & Merchandise: This is only visible to members of rank builder or higher. Focuses on the creation/ distribution of content based on our builds, i.e. post-building.
- PvP: Ideas for a PvP spin-out server, should we ever get that set up.
- Textures & Models: Contains any discussions on our blocks and textures.
- Wiki, Guides and Guidelines: The new core subforum for anything related to regulation. Builder application, editor application, e-lite, tipps & tricks, conventions, any aspect that governs our behaviour can be discussed and announced here. Ideally, we'd like all guides and all established rules to be unified here, but they may be discussed in this subforum.
- Everything related directly to our builds. We haven't changed much here. I'll outline the changes below:
- Inspiration & Worldbuilding: Repository for information (physics, history, sociology, anything relevant) from which our guidlines can be derived.
- Overview: Contains discussions, requests, announcements and resources related to the total build progress.
- Server Builds: No changes.
- Solo Projects: No changes. Reminder, tag your project app when you make a new one.
- Editor Projects: No changes
- Side Projects: To be removed by Pizza. The contents of this have been distributed across the new admin section.
- Matters that concern the community can be discussed here.
- Ban/Mute/Demotion Appeals: Name says it all. If you got in trouble by breaking our rules, this is where you humbly beg forgiveness.
- Builders Only Zone: This is now a place to safely discuss matters within the inner circle of the community: Meetups, events, anything related to the people of WC.
- Cannon Fodder: Anything goes here. Currently its flooded with stuff that would be more relevant to the builders only zone, so perhaps these two will just be merged in the future.
- Feedback: Allows any member of the forum to leave or recieve comments, criticism or suggestions.
- GoT Book and Show Discussions: No changes.
- Introductions: No changes.
- Probation: No changes.
- Support: This is now here, because supporting concerns the whole community. If you can help your fellow builder, guest, mod, mum, dad, dog, cat, you're invited to do so!
- This could probably all be moved into the admin section. We will discuss that in the future.
- Code: No changes. Coders go here to make magic. All other users go here to help make magic happen.
- Map: No changes.
- MMO: No changes. Greatest place on earth for anyone interested in building the MMO :D
- Secret lair of the mods. No changes.
- Currently only contains the Coder applications, which should definitely be designed as an enjin application module, like the builder and the MMO applications are.
Please be aware that over the coming days we may be moving individual threads to fit into these categories! If you think a thread should be somewhere else than it is currently, please leave a message in this thread: http://www.westeroscraft.com/forum/m/12700545/viewthread/29437985-forum-reorganisation/post/last#last
posted Dec 17, 16
It's the five year anniversary of WesterosCraft! We will have a special anniversary video up soon, but for now we're going to kick off the holidays with a brand new contest. This year, the theme is history*. Show us the world of A Song of Ice and Fire as it once was. Just warp to "contest" for the rules and other such procedures to get started. Guest registration info for the contest will be up soon.
To get in the festive spirit, a few of our builders have filled the great halls of Westeros with Christmas decorations. You can check them out at /warp xmas2016.
Additionally, we have a few community events planned throughout the following week. Come join us on Discord for good times:
- Saturday, December 17th: A special WesterosCraft themed game of Cards Against Humanity. (5PM EDT / 10PM GMT)
- Sunday, December 18th: In-game Christmas themed Pictionary. (12PM EDT / 5PM GMT)
- Monday, December 19th: The start of a new scavenger hunt!
- Tuesday, December 20th: "Storytime with Waz", uh, enjoy!(1PM EDT / 6PM GMT)
- Wednesday, December 21st: Dungeon World — a pen & paper RPG played on Discord**. (12PM EDT / 5PM GMT)
- Thursday, December 22nd: Karaoke!(5PM EDT / 10PM GMT)
* History in this case means anything pre-Aegon the Conqueror.
** Difficulties may arise with the number of people attending. Show up early if you want to play.